Just Two Chicks!

Just Two Chicks!

Followers

Sunday, August 29, 2010

RIP Santa Clause



We attended a high school football game in the town we lived in before we moved to Dallas. It was good seeing a few of the people I once worked with and parents’ of the children I taught. Our girl wanted to watch the boy she has a crush on play football. He was the kicker, and I must say, he did a great job!

We found crush-boy’s mom during the 4th quarter and moved to sit closer to them. This woman is actually the aunt and she is raising all of her brother’s kid due to personal issues. The youngest is 6 years old and is quite precocious. I was showing her how to use the iPad when she looked at me quite seriously and said “Did you know Santa Clause died?” Now please picture a cute little white-blonde child with blue eyes and glasses. I asked her who told her that and she said no one did… that she just knows. She then told me Rudolph died too. I asked her when all of this happened and she said “Ummmm, in 2007!”

So, this blog is in memory of Santa Clause and Rudolph who have apparently been gone since 2007. I am so saddened by this loss as this Christmas I was planning on asking for something spectacular! Oh well… We will miss you Santa and Rudolph!!

No comments: